Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting into stamping.

Hi everyone, here lately i've been finding myself using the same gadgets or the same techniques over and over again, as of yesterday I decided that I needed to move out of my comfort zone and broaden my horizon a little. And so im starting to use stamps! Luckily Michaels arts and crafts (as a whole) is experienceing a merchandise reset meaning alot of their older stamps are being put out on clearance so they have room for new ones. I got this really nice sunflower stamps for a little over $4.

I had never used a stamp as the focal point for any of my projects, but it was a lot less painful than I thought it would be :) . I made a simple "just because" card using the stamp and a Martha Stewart edge punch and the Cuttlebug for a little embossing.
Ultimately my goal is to start using those things I puchased and had either forgotten about or just never gotten around to making use of them. To be honest I was starting to feel like more of a collecter of crafty things rather than a crafter.If you have something new that you've tried and enjoyed, or you have a favorite technique feel free to share :) .Well that's it for today! I do intend to post something atleast 2 or 3 times a week, time permitting. Until next time, take care and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment